10.12.2011

Progress and a find!

Ok so I haven't finished anything since my skirt but I'm in the middle of a few more things. Progress as follows:

* Recontructed Fitted 3/4 Sleeve Blazer ~ I've deconstructed my wool suit and made a muslin of my pattern. Except after looking at the muslin on I'm considering doing a collarless version instead... *facepalm* I am very in love with the fabric though and am thinking I need to find a really nice lining for it. I'd like to use a matching teal but they didn't have any at the fabric store in town so it looks like I'm going to have to resort to the internet.



* Full Skirt ~ I have cut out my paper pattern and just got my fabric in the mail yesterday. I knew I wanted the fabric when I saw the picture online but it's even more amazing in person! It has a wonderful Dr Seuss-like whimsy to it that I love! It's getting it's prewash tonight.



* Sencha Blouse ~ Paper pattern is all traced out and I'm startin my muslin tonight. Still trying to decide between 2 different fabrics for this one although I believe it's going to end up being a lovely dark teal lightweight sari brocade from my stash for the first one.


And now for the find! I was rebrowsing thru my sewing books as I have a tendancy to pick up random books from the thrift shop and I'm not sure what all is on my shelf. And nestled among all my sewing books was this treasure!:


Dress Design: Draping and Flat Pattern Making ©1948

This book is a treasure. I need to get a dress form to be able to fully utilize everything in this book but how can you not love a book with content like this:



I have a feeling this book will become very useful on my sewing journey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment