9.04.2011

Popping my blog cherry...

Well I've finally decided to start my own blog. This is mostly to be able to ramble about the things that interest me without watching peoples eyes glaze over. heh

My first post is dedicated to a sew-a-long challenge posted by another blogger ShelleyJ HERE. It's the Plain Pattern Project. The challenge is to take a "plain" pattern you've never used before and make 3 versions of it: the 1st is meant to be as close to the original pattern as possible and the 2nd and 3rd can be any altered/crazy variation you want.

I've decided to attempt this challenge with Simplicity's 3673 pattern which is a 1950's reproduction jumper dress.




I'm still trying to decide between the straight and full skirt option but I already know what my 2nd altered version is going to be. I'm hoping to use fabric from my stash for at least 2 of the versions. I think I might have to buy fabric for at least one of the looks so that there's some variation as I have a tendency to hoard similar fabrics.


No comments:

Post a Comment